20 January 2015

[Top Ten Tuesday] Top Ten Favorite YA Series I read!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


Today there wasn't a particular topic, so we could choose our own topic today’s TTT. I decided to talk quickly about my Top Ten Favorite Series, because I always think this is a pretty interesting and simple content. Harry Potter isn't in this TTT because I think it's kinda obvious that's one of my favorite series ever. You should know that this time there's a particular order, from my favorite series to my OMG I LOVE THEM SO FREAKING MUCH THEY'RE FOREVER MY FAVORITE SERIES. Have fun :D I'll show you the first book in each series.


 10. Everneath Trilogy by Brodi Ashton I wasn't really sure if I should include this series in this TTT. But Everneath was one of the first YA Series I've ever read. I read it before Hunger Games and Divergent all this stuff and I still really liked it. I was in my local bookstore one day, I was like eleven years old I didn't know what I wanted to buy, so a very friendly customer took this book out of the shelf, said to me I should buy it, I bought it together with my friend Sara, who also got this book, and we both read it and loved it. We're still friend and this series is one of our favorite topics to discuss. So even there're a lot of flaws in this series and although I hated the ending, I had to mention it.
9. Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier I don't if this sounds rude, but I'm also sooo freaking proud when I hear a American/English/French/whatever BookTuber/Blogger talk about this series! I'm really glad I can mention at least one great series from a German author. Kerstin Gier is a great writer and I love this trilogy! It isn't that genius or so, but funny and really fast-paced. Unfortunately, the movie adaptations were both really bad :/
8. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead I love this series so much! I refused to read it for years, although my friend venj and later a lot of Blogger wanted me to read the series. When finally the movie came out and my friend venj wanted to watch it with me, I had to get my hands on these books. I read it and loved it! The entire series is great, Rose is a cool Kick-Ass character and she and Dimitri are hilarious together! This is one of those Series a lot of my friends started reading after we watched to movie together and now the movie (which is great, a little bit trashy, but hilarious!) is like a little classic to watch every time we host a movie night!



7. Grischa Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo I'm a bit angry with this trilogy. It could be one of my favorite series (okay, actually, it is, but I could have loved it way more!) if there were a different ending. The whole trilogy was so well written, I loved the world building and I fell in love with almost every character! There were so many great ways to finish the last book, but instead of making it great, she messed it up (for me!). Anyway, the first two books and the first half of the third book are so great and I'd recommend everyone who loves Fantasy and Russia to give it a shot.
6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins I had to mention this book! This is a book I read before there was all these Hype about it. Or, I didn't know about the hype. I was like eleven or twelve years old and I went to my library to lend out a book, and I saw this one, the story sounded well, and I took it with me. I fell in love with the story and it introduced me to a new genre, Dystopian. Although I read a lot of great dystopian books I'd say Hunger Games is still my favorite. I also really like the movies, they're so well done and I can't wait for the last one to come out.
5. Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore I don't know if this is an actual series, because the books are taking place in the same world, but they take place in different time periods and follow different characters. So they're more like a companion novel series. Anyway, they're great! Graceling Realm was my first High Fantasy trilogy I ever read and I still love it! My favorite book is Fire, I reread it like 10 time or more in the past years. So if you want to read a good Fantasy series, definitely check this one out.
4. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas This series isn't finished yet but it's one of my favorite series though. I was one of those persons who refused to read this series because of the hype and the ugly German covers. So when I started reading in English I got more and more interested in the series and finally picked it up. I read the first and the second book in like 4 days and couldn't wait for the third one to come out. Now I'm waiting for the fourth one. It's a really action-packed and thrilling series about an assassin and a broken fantasy world. And FAIRIES! I'm quite certain this series could get a place in my Top 3!



Let's come to my Top Three Favorite Series of all the Time. I had a lot of struggle to came up with an order, because actually, they're all on the 1. Place. But I had to rank them, and here we go:
3. Shatter me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi I simply love this series! I never heard much hype about it, but when I finally read it, I found out there's a whole fandom of it! And I'm glad, because this book broke my heart and made me feel more feels then I ever had before in a book. The style of writing was so great! I've never read something that unique and great before! And...WARNER! Oh, I'm weak; I love this series so freaking much! I can't wait for the movie to come out!
2. Seven Realms Series by Cinda Williams Chima This was so hard! I actually wanted to put this series on place 1, but, as you can see, I decided different. I love this series so much; it's likely the best High Fantasy series I've ever read! The characters are so well done, there all so relatable and funny and bad and...gosh I loved them! And I adored the world Chima created! I've never seen a Series gone so much better with every single but, it was incredible! Please, do me a favor and pick this series up! There should a lot more hype about it, because it's almost the best book series I've ever read!
1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer Yeah guys, may I introduce you: THE LUNAR CHRONICLE, also known as: Kueckis favorite books series of all the time. And the series isn't even finished yet! What can I say about this series? I know I talk a lot about it, especially on my German blog, but it isn't a book hyped too much. This book is great in its character, its world and it's stories. This book makes fly away in a different time and it makes you cry and laugh and feeling like you're going to explode while waiting for the next book to come out. I've loved fairytales since my early childhood and the Lunar Chronicles are the fairytales of my teenager years. They are as important to me as those childhood fairytale and I love as much. Please, if you haven't already, give this series a shot! It'll blow your mind away! The Lunar Chronicles are really the best series I've read yet! ♥


Which series are you favorite ones? Do you know some of the series I mentioned? What do you think about them?


No comments:

Post a Comment